registered trademark of The Perl Foundation
The Perl Language Family
This is a list of members of the Perl family of programming languages. Only implementations that showed some recent activity in their code repositories as of mid-2019 have been included.
last updated: 2019-07-31
- Perl 5
- Direct descendant of Larry Wall's original language, maintained and incrementally evolved to this day by a team of volunteers.
- perl.org · perl5.git.perl.org/perl.git/shortlog
- Perl 6
- A top-to-bottom redesign of the language under the auspices of Larry Wall, with an implementation developed and maintained by a team of volunteers.
- perl6.org · github.com/rakudo/rakudo/commits
- Reini Urban's fork of Perl 5, with the goal to modernize both language and implementation.
- perl11.org/cperl/STATUS · github.com/perl11/cperl/commits
- Will Braswell's optimizing compiler for a restricted subset of Perl 5.
- rperl.org · github.com/wbraswell/rperl/commits
- Yuki Kimoto's virtual machine for his Static Perl language dialect.
- metacpan.org/pod/SPVM · github.com/yuki-kimoto/SPVM/commits
- A lower-level variant of Perl 6 used to implement the Rakudo Perl 6 compiler.
- github.com/perl6/nqp · github.com/perl6/nqp/commits
- Flávio S. Glock's compiler collection implementing subsets of Perl 5 and Perl 6.
- fglock.github.io/Perlito · github.com/fglock/Perlito/commits
- webperl.zero-g.net · github.com/haukex/webperl/commits